Custom Search

Friday, June 3, 2011

Alabaster Coffee Roasting & Tea Company

Karl brewing some coffee
Jana and I are "Vacationing" in the "resort" town of Williamsport for a few days. Jana, on her blog, has called it a "babymoon" (I will let you read for yourself).  We have actually had a very nice and relaxed two days so far.  One of the things we wanted to do while in Billtown was catch up with a few friends who make their home here.  Yesterday we lunched with the Sweeting's and today we walked down Pine Street to see Karl at Alabaster Coffee Roasting and Tea Company.  Karl buys the green coffee bean, roasts it (to perfection) and brews it by pouring the hot water by hand over the freshly ground coffee.  It is a unique but excellent way of preparing coffee.  They have all kinds of coffee, (most of which I have no idea about) tea, pastries and free internet.  Since I am not a coffee fan at all, Karl made me a vanilla Latte.  I have to admit, the longer I sipped, the more I enjoyed the beverage!  I would definitely have another, if I lived in town. 


I also really enjoyed the atmosphere and decor at Alabaster.  I am a fan of the old brick wall and their 64 square foot concrete bar.  Again, if I were a local, I would be there a great deal.  We had a nice visit and learned a bunch and are looking forward to a return to the City of Millionaires and Alabaster. 

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense