Custom Search

Monday, November 16, 2020

Week Five Update

 Just to keep you updated . . . Things continue to move along with my new diet.  Today I am 33 days without any beverages other than water (yuck).  Oh, there has been a few tries of some sugarless options, but nothing to my liking.  So, I just "suffer" through the water.  

This is week 5 of the diet without carbs and week 3 of no dairy.  This has been my issue lately.  I have found a plethora of what looks to be good recipies for low carb eating.  But, most use cheese as a binder or as a big part of the main dish or heavy cream or cream cheese.  I don't know if this will become a way of life for me or not, but I hope not.  I do want to be healthy, but, for an extrovert like me, food is huge and it isn't just to sustain but to enjoy.  I do wish I could enjoy some more dairy.  

I continue to see a little weight loss here and there but this week might be a little less than in the beginning.  This is normal and I really don't want to loose too much too fast.  But, it is fun and encouraging to see the pounds come off.  We will officially know on Wednesday what my weight loss this week will be.  

My blood sugar levels seem to be quite constant.  I still would like more "normal" numbers in the morning.  They are much lower than when I started, for which I am grateful.  

My joints don't hurt quite as much for the most part.  Yesterday was the first Sunday in a long time that I didn't take any ibuprofen.  The extra walking does take it's toll eventually, but I can definately see some improvements.  

Until Wednesday . . . thanks for following.   

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense