Custom Search

Monday, October 26, 2020

Two Steps Forward, On Step "Back"

 


I had a pretty good weekend. . . however, Sunday was difficult.  My hip and my knees, etc. really do seem to be feeling somewhat better.  That, or the tightening in my lower back is just overpowering the pain in my joints.  This lower back "pain" in no fun at all.  I can really only get relief when I lay down.  

I have had this before so I am really hoping it will be short lived.  But, when it is here, it can be debilitating.  I notice it mostly after I sit down for a period of time.  Until yesterday, I could usually sit without any pain.  It was just when I stood up and tried to walk that there was any discomfort.  But, yesteday while sitting down for lunch, the pain wouldn't leave.  I spent most of the rest of the day in bed (I did manage to do the dishes before my wife got home from her speaking engagement.).  And this morning I couldn't stand long until the pain returned.  

I am thankful to Watto Chiropractic who saw me late this morning.  I felt better when I left!  However, I am sitting down right now and . . . who knows. . . prayers appreciated.  

I do have some really good news . . . as you can see from the picture, my blood sugar at 4:38 on Saturday afternoon was in the normal range.  I just wish it would be at that point when I wake up.  It's coming . . . I hope!  Morning numbers are better than a week ago but I want instant satisfaction!  I have done well with my diet.  I did sneak two french fries from my daughters meal on Saturday and then two more on Sunday.  Last night my wife brought some "Keto" home.  I am going to wait to eat a lot of those until my check-up on November 5.  I did, however, taste the ice cream.  It was really good.  

I am looking forward to Weigh-In Wednesday.  It won't be another 9 pound week, but looking for some good results.  

Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly. - Proverbs 14:29

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense