Custom Search

Monday, October 19, 2020

Weekend Woes

 So far, so good.  But, the weekend wasn't without its frustrations (small but still there).  Saturday I was home without the girls which is not a possitive in many ways.  But, being home with "goodies" all around is tempting.  The Bible says to flee temptation, so I did.  I got out of the house.  Saturday night we did find some good grilled wings at Sal's OIP.  Jana did bring home two homemade Keto cookies which were really good!  

Sunday I had my, now becomming normal, slice or two of uncured ham for breakfast and then Jana made steak for lunch.  But, we were also invited for lunch and camp fire soon after we came home.  We decided to eat at home and then go to the campfire.  Unfortunately, I was offered corn break, a favorite of mine.  I politely declined but I didn't want to.  There were other temptations there too, but I stuck to my guns.  

After the camp fire we went to the Cruise In at Cruisers.  Jana worked inside while I was out side.  This time the temptation was French Fries and Dt. Mt. Dew!  Again I refrained, but my will power was waxing thin.  I made it through the night and did good.  

Today is another day.  I started with a ham lunch meat slice, three deviled egg halfs, and some lebanon balogna and water, yuck.  

So far I am happy with pretty much everyting.  I do miss the diet soda but know it isn't good for me.  I do need to be drinking more, but just don't really crave water, so . . . 

Again I did jump on the scales today but will be sharing that info on Wednesday morning.  Also, my sugar yesterday and this mornning were both 30 points less than Friday and Saturday.  So, that's a good deal.  I have some more work to do on that but, I feel I am off to a good start.  

1 Timothy 4:8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense