Custom Search

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

You Get What You Pay For

This morning I took four Jr. High guys to a FREE movie. At the "local" theater they are showing a free "family" movie every Tuesday morning at 10 AM. I thought it would be a great cheap thing to do while spending time with some of the kids from the church. Today's movie was "Bingo". You noticed the word "family" above? Well, there were mostly moms (and a few dads) in the theater with their grade school or younger children. So, the guys and I felt a little out of place. However, I am not sure that the moms weren't feeling a bit out of place as they watched the movie. It was rated PG so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. But, there were some adults situations and some of the language was a bit mature and I kept thinking that the children that were there maybe shouldn't have been. Also, the acting was poor at best, the story line was lacking, the sound was terrible and on at least 7 occasions you could see the boom mike at the top of the screen. I knew that it wasn't going to be the greatest move I had ever seen, but I didn't expect to see a "D" movie either. I guess you get what you pay for. I will have to evaluate if I go back or not. The best thing was that they gave us a bunch of coupons for stores in and around the mall. I guess that's better than nothing but I am not sure it was worth suffering through a bad movie.

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense