Custom Search

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Short Workshop Wrap-Up

Last evening a few leaders and I attended a youth leaders workshop hosted by PA Christian Endeavor. The evening was titled "Four Programming Principles to Help You Win Youth for Christ". While there is nothing new under the sun, it was a good time to reflect about how well we are doing in reaching out to kids today. Without going into too much detail, the four principles include:

1. Are we producing a Loving Caring Atmosphere? Finding ways to say "You Are Special"

2. Are the meeting areas providing a Socially Acceptable Atmosphere? Finding ways to show "these people know my generation"

3. Are we meeting consistantly?

4. Are we providing Christian (Christ Following) principles and discipling kids to do the work of ministry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I've been out for quite a while now, but I'd have to say that these were definitely principles that I felt were in place when I was there.

Health in Amazon

Adsense