Custom Search

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Who Keeps 20 Year Old Sermons? Mom!

So this morning, after the Snyder Street Four walk, my mother asked if I would stop in and see if a few things of mine she found at her house were worth keeping. I think she got inspired by my office clean up, I'm not sure. Wanting to be a good son, and yet not looking forward to all the questions I was about to hear, I followed her wishes. In all, is wasn't too bad. I did discover a cassette tape of a sermon I had given on January 10, 1988 (I feel so old). Now I don't preach much and this did make me curious. However, as I type this post, I still haven't listened to it. That was 20 years ago and less than a year into my ministry. I was only part time then and I really hate to think how bad it is. I will let you know if I do listen to it and how bad it really is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel, anyone that has heard you speak knows that you have never given a BAD sermon...20 yrs ago, wow!

SandyCarlson said...

Perhaps a friend will listen and transcribe it for you!

I used to handle our church's newsletter, and so often the sermons went in there for the sake of folks who were shut in or for folks who might see the newsletter but weren't members. Sometimes the pastor dug up old sermons and engaged his younger self in a new conversation about the Scripture. I loved that. Maybe 1988 is calling you for a reason.

Unknown said...

Joel, Do you even have a "tape player" in 2008?? I don't think I could find one if I had tapes to play!! ha ha

Health in Amazon

Adsense