Custom Search

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rev

I haven't been a very good blogger lately. I have been trying to catch up from our mission trip to Hungary, getting our camp for kids ready, planning and advertising Wednesday night meetings and other youth events, getting ready for Dutch Days, calling Jr. High football players, planning church services, etc. Not complaining, just giving information.

This morning I am going to Aaron's ordination "proceedings". Although it is probably necessary, I am not sure how Biblical this whole thing is. I am sure I have a lot of people who will disagree, but, most of the men who will sit on this board have very little contact with Aaron. How can they know, in a short time frame, if he is capable of being "Ordained". Maybe I am anti-establishment? I am happy for Aaron and think he should have the official title of "Rev." (However, there are many who would say that there is no man that should be revered, only God. I on the other hand obviously think this is a man-made institution and you can call it whatever you want.) I ALSO KNOW HIM AND HAVE SEEN HIS CHARACTER AND HIS APTITUDE. At the same time, I am not ordained and even though I am invited to the "examination" I am not really one who can give him the title. I don't normally like to post negatively and/or give this much opinion, but today, with everything else going on, I just feel like I can. Just so you know, I can probably be persuaded to think differently and would be willing to dialog with anyone. However, these are my thoughts today.

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense