Custom Search

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Visit the Lakeview Cinema

This weekend my wife and I visited her family and hometown. Being Memorial Day weekend we had great food and had a good time with family and friends. It was very relaxing.

Now, Galeton, PA is a bit like my hometown. It is a bit bigger than Richfield but Richfield is closer to civilization than Galeton. (They have to travel farther to get to a Wal-Mart, etc.) Being bigger, they have a few things Richfield doesn't have: a traffic light, more eateries, a Moose Lodge, a high school and a movie theater. The latter was of interest to me ever since I found out about it. Well, this weekend I had the opportunity to go to the "Lakeview Cinema" on Germania Road in Galeton. We saw "Night at the Museum 2", which was a nice movie for the entire family. But, I really enjoyed just being in the theater.

The Lakeview is in a former Baptist church and with the exception of the projection room, a screen and theater seats, hasn't been changed too much. The "stage" is still there. The choir loft remains and the typical red church carpet is on the isles on the floor. It even still smelled a bit like an old church. The theater, which seats 75 (more than enough for the crowd on Monday night), has been in business for 9 years. They didn't have surround sound but the system they used was more than adequate for the theater. It was nice to listen as my mother-in-law talked across the theater with some Galeton locals.

Always pulling for the underdog, I hope the Lakeview will continue to show movies for years to come. If you are ever in the "Galeton Area" and have the time, check out the Lakeview Cinema. I think you will be glad you did.

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense