Custom Search

Monday, March 29, 2010

Things I Didn't Know Before We Conceived! The Cat LItter Edition

We found out some really exciting news last week!  Jana is Expecting!  The big day will be sometime in December, we think!  I am really pleased and I know Jana is excited as well.  This will be a whole new adventure for me.  That sounds so clicheish, but I am sure it will be a different experience for me over the next nine months and way beyond.  However . . . I am finding out some things that I never thought about BEFORE we talked about conceiving.  I hope to blog about some of these things over the next year or so. 

Today I learned . . . Pregnant women aren't supposed to handle the cat litter!! 
Now I hate (well, not hate, but I really don't like) cats.  One of the things we talked about before we got married was that SHE would take take of feeding, cleaning up after, etc. the cat.  And, up until this week, she has done just that.  BUT, now it is MY responsibility!  Yuck!  Not being a cat lover in the first place, this has got to be the absolute worst job in the house!  I don't like to clean anyway, but, I can't stand the smell of cat, period, let alone the cat . . . poopie.  Her (Our???) cat is 15 years old.  She has been having kind of a hard time hitting the litter box.  And that is an understatement.  She seems to think the entire basement is part of the litter box!  Needless to say, I am not amused.  So, if you are a guy and don't like cats and you have a cat . . . think about me before you consider saying yes to a child. 

Before you get mad at me, I want you to know that I would do anything for my pregnant wife.  I love her and that is part of loving her.  So, I am not complaining about this as much as I am letting everyone else know a few things that I did NOT know. 

1 comment:

Joel Snyder said...

I would like to add something to this post..as much as my husband may complain about the cat, today we came home from the doctor and he disappeared...he was in the basement for over an hour cleaning up that before mentioned mess...I never even asked him to do it - I am one lucky pregnant woman!

Health in Amazon

Adsense