Custom Search

Friday, January 2, 2009

Finishing the Reviews

I want to finish this series so I can get on to other things so this will be a long post.

The Saturday Jana and I spent most of our time at Chimney Rock State Park and the surrounding area and ate at the La Strada. The weather was nice so we at on the porch. I wasn't extremely hungry so all I ordered two appetizers. Both were good. However the best part about this eatery is the view of Lake Lure. 3.9 out of 5. It just wasn't something that I "had to do again".


Sunday, after church in Hendersonville, we decided on Square 1 Bistro. We both really liked this place and the brunch was really good. I really liked the biscuits and the jam. Actually, all of our food was good. If in Hendersonville, check out Square 1. 4.7 out of 5
Monday it was time to begin our journey home and found it harder to find places we hadn't already eaten being advertised along the road. We finally found O'Charlies. I tried their Twisted Chips appetizer which was a nice change from the regular stuff while Jana tried their Pretzel Crunch Chicken. Both were good but nothing that would bring me back again and again. The service was good and I liked all the rolls. If I remember correctly, there were a few really good deals if you were really trying to tighten the belt. I don't remember exactly what they were, but I do remember commenting about it to Jana. 4.5 out of 5.
Saturday night we stayed in Harrisonburg, VA and happened to talk with Jana's parents who suggested we try a Japanese grill called Kyoto. You should always listen to your parents, at least when it comes to eating out. This place was really good! I like Japanese, but this place was better than others I had been too. We both ate Chicken and Steak. However, for some reason, the chef made us each a small portion of shrimp, which, we usually don't like. I would never order shrimp unless it was here. It was really good. I don't know what they did to it, but I might even order it if I had the chance to do it again. I always like watching the meal being prepared at a place like this, but the taste of the food stole the show. 4.8999 out of 5!

Finally back in PA on Tuesday, we got off 81 for a short side trip (just for fun) and stopped at the Capital Restaurant Chambersburg. This little diner looked better outside than the atmosphere inside but I can't say anything bad about the place. The food was acceptable, the service good, but I wouldn't frequent this place for the food unless I was a local trying to find out the latest gossip. 3 out of 5.
To recap, every place we ate was average or better. Obviously, we liked going to DAVE'S place for the food and the company. The two other places I definitely want/need to return to would be the Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge and Kyoto in Harrisonburg, VA. If in Gattlinburg, the Alamo is a really good choice. You can't go wrong with the rest, but if there is something you know available, you might want to stick with the familiar. Jana might have another take on this. Check out her blog or any comments she might give on these posts.
The entire idea was fun and made for some interesting times. You might want to try it sometime.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been enjoying your reviews...you know Bob and I are the "foodie" type. We like to try new places to eat out...I think our favorite past-time is eating out!! Doesn't that sound bad?? Oh well...we really like O'Charley's. I loved eating here when i lived down south...and we have eaten there together when in Virginia. I LOVE their rolls!!! We have also had that potato appetizer..it is ok.
We should try seeking out new and unusual restaurant in Pa (within driving distance!!)

Health in Amazon

Adsense