Custom Search

Sunday, February 15, 2009

What is Bucu?

I don't know if you noticed my twitter (follow me: www.twitter.com/rmyuth) on Friday or not. I had just had a visit from my wife, who, had just found out that I had the dishes done, swept (or do you say vacuumed? comment) the floor, washed and dried the bed sheets and bought her a bouquet of flowers for our two month anniversary. She was pleasantly surprised and came to tell me so. I then twittered: "Just scored a lot of points with my wife" What I really wanted to say was "Just scored "bucu" points with my wife", but, I didn't know how to spell it (until now) and wasn't sure if it was even a word. Well, today I googled it. According to the Urban Dictionary web site, it definitely means "a lot". I didn't know it was a French word and didn't know it was urban but according this site, it is. I'm not French nor urban, but I have been using that word for a long time. Please comment if you have any other spellings, definitions or origins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beaucoups, Joel. Means "many" in French. :-)

Joel Snyder said...

Thanks! And that's what I meant!

Health in Amazon

Adsense