Custom Search

Monday, December 7, 2009

OCC Press Conference

A lot of people have asked about my time at the Operation Christmas Child "press conference" last Thursday. So, I thought I would post a few pictures. First one is of Franklin Graham, me and Jana. We didn't get a chance to chat but Mr. Graham was gracious enough to stop what he was doing and get our picture taken together. Actually, I feel kind of bad for him as he was mobbed by hundreds of supporters and later by the media. The next picture is of a long time OCC friend, Mary Damron, better known to us as "Momma Gump" - as she was labled by Mr. Graham the first time he met her. In his book, Living Beyond the Limits, Franklin wrote an entire chapter about Mary. She was at the Processing Center with us the first year or so that we voluteered, and many since.


Lastly, Jana took a picture of me standing and sharing during the press conference. We also got a video which I will try to post a little later.
In all, we had a great time and met a lot of great people, who were able to chat with. I learned a lot about the project that, even after 14 years of volunteering, I hadn't heard/known before.

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense