Custom Search

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Man of Integrity!

The other night my wife and I were watching the Olympics.  During one of the competitions, the NBC cameras found Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys and then seconds later they showed Tony Dungy, former head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.  (The colts have been my favorite team since they were in Baltimore.)  I found it interesting that after introducing the audience to coach Dungy, the commentator mentioned that Dungy was a man "with a lot of integrety".  You just don't hear that regularly.  At least I don't hear it much about people in the spotlight. It was one of the first things out of the commentators mouth.  Oh, they also talked little about his super bowl win with the Colts, etc.  But, tell me, what could have been a better testamony of a man than to be a man of integrity?  And Tony Dungy is widely known for it. 

What was really interesting to me as I woke up the next day, Friday, February 19, and began to read from the 19th chapter of Proverbs.  (Our pastor had challeged us to read a chapter of Proverbs per day.  There are 31 chapters of Proverbs and 31 days in the longest month.  Read one chapter a day.)  Verse one says "Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than he who is perverse in speech and is a fool."  I am sure Tony Dungy isn't poor.  But, he is known for his integrity.  God's word says that is a good thing.  I am poor, financially, and I want people to say of me. "He's a man of integrity!"  It isn't easy, but it is the best thing. 

1 comment:

janalynn said...

I have known you for over seven years now - and of course I am a little bias over the last two of those years, but one thing I can say from the moment that I met you - you are a man of great integrity! I am proud to be called your wife!

Health in Amazon

Adsense