Custom Search

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Teamwork

I am sitting in the hallway of our hotel in Washington DC wasting time as I am making sure no one leaves their room.  The East Juniata Class of 2011 is on their class trip and I am fortunate to have been asked to come along since one of the teachers got sick.  I do consider it part of my ministry since I am able to get to know more kids and impart my life to them.  Everything has been realy quiet since I took over at 3 AM which has been nice since I was able to get a lot done. 

As I sit here, I am thinking of all the people who have made it possible for me to be here.  My wife, Jana, encouraged me to come along.  However, this meant that she had to take up a lot of the slack for me at home.  She not only has her subbing and clients to work with, now she had to be up front  at CRUX and has to be the "director" for play practice, plus a bunch of other stuff.  Thank you, Jana, for your encouragement. 

Other people had to help as well . . . Justin volunteered to do the crowd breaker/game at CRUX and take kids to the OIP afterward;  Pastor Paul volunteered to speak at CRUX;  Hummel is willing to drive a van on Friday if I don't make it home;  Peg sent me the times from the time cards;  Aaron sent messages;  Lori is helping with the play . . . and the list goes on. 

I am really thankful for all who are willing to minister and serve so I can do the same elsewhere.  What a great team of people that surround me!  I have been called the "master delegater" by a few of the people mentioned above, but I think this is what teamwork is all about!  Thanks to all and keep up the good work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a master delegator because you are a great leader....too many of us like to have too much control which doesn't always allow us to be great leaders!

Health in Amazon

Adsense