Custom Search

Monday, June 18, 2007

"Salty" Sands



I have wanted to post for almost a week now about a neat opportunity I had to hear Sarah Jane "Salty" Sands at the Father/Son banquet at my dad's church. Salty, as she was known, played for the Rockford Peaches of the All American Girls Professional Baseball League during the last two years of play. She lives in Orangeville, PA and spoke with enthusiasm about her baseball career. She was the real life story of the girls in "A League of Their Own". (She was also in the movie!) It was a very enjoyable evening as I listened to her talk about following your dreams and working hard at what you want to do. However, it was best to hear her give the credit to God for getting her to the "big leagues" and through life in general. I did take some pictures and even got an autographed picture, but I have been having a little computer difficulties lately and they aren't available now. Maybe I will post them later. I did find this picture of the Peaches of 1953. Salty is sitting in the next to last row, first one from left to right.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Salty. She really is a blessing to everyone that she meets.
Tammy

Health in Amazon

Adsense