Custom Search

Monday, July 2, 2007

Someone in Salyersville Knows Me!

We made it to Salyersville, KY on Sunday around 4:30 PM! As usual, we managed to find the more indirect route here by missing an exit, but we got here nonetheless. After checking in, etc. I was greeted with another blast from the past. Dave Kazee, a keyboard (and a bunch of other instruments as well) player I worked with for about two years in the late 80's (I was the sound man) lives in Salyersville! What a great surprise for me. We are staying in his home church - Salyersville First Baptist Church. I am looking forward to spending a little time catching up with him.

Today our group split up. Aaron Benner took the majority of the group and they did some demolition and wall studding and A/C/heating for a family. Justin and I took the rest and we touched up some painting from last weeks crew as well as finished a ramp for a 91 year old lady. Everything seems to be running smoothly. We are here with PA Christian Endeavor. They have been working here in Eastern KY for a number of years. I took a few shots on the video camera and hope to upload something this week.

Keep posted and I will try to keep you up to date.

1 comment:

fearingfearitself said...

That's exciting.
We leave for our mission trip tomorrow. Charleston, WV. Actually Belle, but it's really close to Charleston.

Health in Amazon

Adsense