Custom Search

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Russian Mayor Bans . . . "I Don't know"

I remind my football players (and others) that the phrase "I can't" means "Won't try". Well the mayor of the Russian town, Megion, has taken it just a bit farther. According to Fox News:

The mayor of a Siberian oil town has ordered his bureaucrats to stop using
expressions such as "I don't know" and "I can't." Or look for another job.
Alexander Kuzmin, the 33-year-old mayor of Megion, has banned these and
25 other phrases as a way to make his administration more efficient, his
spokeswoman said Tuesday. "It's a suggestion to the staff that they should think before saying something," Oksana Shestakova said by telephone. "To say `I don't know' is the same as admitting your helplessness."

Here is the link to the entire story.

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense