Custom Search

Friday, June 27, 2008

You're Going To Do What???

I have been trying to teach the game of baseball to 18 Hungarian children aged 9 - 12 this past week. Most have never played the game and none know much about it. They just don't play it here much. And, I know why baseball isn't as big in Europe as in the United States. (By the way, I am a bit thick and it takes me a while to catch on sometimes.) The Major League Baseball games don't start normally until after midnight here - and when the game is on the West Coast . . . well they might catch the last inning when they get up in the morning. This realization came about this week when my room mate, an avid Phillies fan, set his alarm and woke up at 4AM to watch his team play - thanks to MLB Online and my computer. Luckily, I like to sleep with the TV on so it didn't keep me awake. He was happy, the Phightin Phil's broke their 6 game losing streak and won the game! Unfortunately for him, they lost again the next day.

1 comment:

SandyCarlson said...

What a difference a few time zones make! Good for you for trying to teach the game. I'm still working on Wiffle ball (That product's official website offers some fun rules.)!

Health in Amazon

Adsense