Custom Search

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ads Catch More Than Attention


Thanks to Beanie & Beanie (same guy) for this find. There is a chain of Convenience stores on the east coast, here, named Sheetz. Their lastest advertising campaign is for their chicken sandwich. There is a small problem as they are using the word "Frickin" in front of Chicken. It rhymes, they say. Here is the article. One thing it has done is given Sheetz more publicity. I would have NEVER known about it execpt for this article. I am reserving judgement. I would like to know what you think. Comment, please. Here is a short sample . . .


Sheetz isn't just selling crispy chicken.

It's selling "Crispy Frickin' Chicken."

Big difference. It rhymes, you see. And when written in a large, bold
font on a billboard off Route 39 in Derry Twp., it sure is an attention-getter.

"Frickin'" might be a euphemism for a more naughty word, but that
doesn't make it any less naughty itself, a Lower Swatara Twp. couple are
arguing.

It's too close to a certain four-letter-word that Sherri and Michael
Sucec used to use before they were saved, a word that commonly means having sex.
When the Sucecs noticed the Sheetz billboard in Derry Twp., they called and
wrote their complaints to Sheetz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this billboard between Lewisburg and Richfield somewhere...I was taken aback that they used that word too. No 'frickin chicken for me, whether it rhymes or not!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree! There is a billboard near me (in southern PA) bearing this message. I was appalled that they thought that was appropriate! It won't earn my business...that's for sure!

Health in Amazon

Adsense