Custom Search

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Day at NYWC

Today was a really good day! The general session was different but I really liked it. It was a lot more interactive than any other conference I have ever been. (In 21 years, I have been to a bunch). The theme was "Play". Like I said, different but I also felt like God was talking to me about a few things. I'll keep that private. The worship was done by the 9th grade band from Saddleback Church. They were better a lot of bands that have much more experience. Nice to see kids using what God has given them to glorify Him.

I then went to the "Making Messages Stick" workshop with Thom and Joni Shultz. Again very interactive - which was part of the point. We learned to be R.E.A.L. when we speak.
Relational
Experiential
Applicable
Learner-Based
I am posting them so they "Stick" better in my mind because we learned that 40% of everything we hear is lost after 2 minutes; 60% is lost after twelve hours and 90% is lost after one week.
I ate lunch with Dave and Braedon (Sorry, I hope I spelled that correctly) and then rested a bit before the second workshop.
I will share about tonight in a seperate post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHOOOHOOOO Joel bird!!! we finnaly bought an ATV you should come ride it with me sometime!


Ben

Health in Amazon

Adsense