Custom Search

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saturday Night at NYMC and MORE FREE Resourses


I am having a blast here at the National Youth Ministry Conference. Today was good, but tonight was better. First I had supper with youth ministry friend Jonathon and his intern Danny. Supper was expensive but delicious. The conversation, as usual with Jonanthon, was very enjoyable. After supper we headed to the evening's main session. After some fun give-a-ways by Josh, a new rap video by Jake, the "Skit Guys" and worship, Doug Fields came out and imparted part of his life. I was blown away, again, by how transparent and humble Doug (can I call him Doug?) can be. I posted about it earlier but tonight just cemented in my mind that I was right. I know he isn't a super hero or anything, but this is Doug Fields, Youth Ministry Guru. And he is 1. Afraid, 2. Too Occupied, 3. Uncomfortable. He called these "Faith Blockers" and shared how these affect his spiritual life. Yes, I guess he could be blowing smoke, but everyone that I have talked to that knows him says he is the real deal. What a great testimony. Thanks again, Doug, for sharing - it encouraged me.



Later I went to the Purpose Drive Youth Ministry Community late night event. While I was there I picked up a couple extra resources I am going to pass along to whomever wins my free give-a-way. The extra books are: "Secret Things of God" by Dr. Henry Cloud; "Coach's Challenge" by Mike Gottfried; "The Monday Morning Church" by Jerry Cook and Live: Book of John" by Group Publishing. These are over an above the original resource. Don't for get to nominate yourself or someone else.

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense