Custom Search

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Taking "The 5", Water Sprinklers and U-Turns




Here are a couple of things that are different while driving in the "OC" than driving in Central PA - and I am not talking about the amount of traffic. These are just things you don't see or hear in PA.

1. Traffic lights on the on ramps. They allow two cars at a time to enter the freeway.
2. The freeways always are labled with "The" and then the number of the highway. i.e. To get to Saddleback I have to take "The 5". Along the way I pass "The 55", "The 405" and "The 121".
3. They have an extra lane that can only be used if you have at least two or more people in your vehicle (carpoolers).
4. They have water sprinklers to water the plants in the middle of the "onramp circles" (I don't know what to call them.)
5. U-turns are not only allowed, but encouraged.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

LOL! SO true. Driving is different everywhere it seems. I remember when I first moved to Jersey I could not get over the jughandles and circles. And I was so sad I couldn't "flip a u" whenever I wanted to turn around. Hope you are enjoying CA. Sorry it has been kinda rainy. While I like CA, I think PA is much more beautiful! The only thing that annoyed me about PA driving was the endless amount of construction!!

blessings, ashley

ashley_phelan@yahoo.com

Health in Amazon

Adsense