Custom Search

Monday, April 30, 2007

Evel Knievel Takes a Leap of Faith


Last night, while visiting at my parents, my mother excitedly told me about watching the "Hour of Power" on TV a few weeks ago. On the particular morning she watched, Robert "Evel" Knievel gave his testimony. I know a lot of you don't even know who "Evel" Knievel is. I remember coming in early to watch him on TV jump this or that on his motorcycle. I remember people talking about how he had broken every bone in his body at one time or another (that may be a slight exaggeration). He was the dare devil everyone wanted to watch.

Well, my mother was so moved about this testimony. You could see it in her expressions as she told how he had come to know Christ personally and wanted everyone to know Him as well. As she talked, I knew I had to look this up for myself. Even though I believed her, I needed to read more about it. Now I admit that up until about a year ago, I would not have thought of the "Hour of Power" as being very evangelistic. However, I am glad kept my opinion to myself. About a year ago I was able to visit the Crystal Cathedral and hear Robert Shuler. He spoke to a group from the Beeson Institute which I was attending. From the things he talked about there, the website, and this conversation with my mother, I believe my assumptions were wrong. This just goes to prove that you have to look at the inside of things before you really know all about them.

Check out the video on "Evel" Knievel from the "Hour of Power" website.

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense