Custom Search

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Everything's Up To Date For Kansas City!


Today I made some final plans for my trip to Kansas City for my third Beeson Institute For Advanced Church Leadership module next week. The module, "How to Build Healthy, Winning, Staff Teams" will be held at the Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, KS from Tuesday, May 8 to Friday, May 11. I have really enjoyed the other modules I have attended and have learned a lot. The days are filled with lectures on the topic for that module with "processing groups" following. These groups allow interaction to help sort out the things you have just heard. At the same time they try to work with churches who are prolific in the topic at hand. Some of the guys are taking the modules for their Masters degrees and a few are working on Doctoral degrees. The rest of us are just . . . there learning.

I will get to hear Miles McPherson from the Rock Church in San Diego, CA, Mike Breaux from Willow Creek, and others from successful ministries around the country.

I also like the chance to get out of Central PA and see different areas of the country. I always try to eat at local places that aren't available here. Also, the Royals are in town Tues - Thursday, so maybe I will get a chance to go to a game - they play the A's.

Then on Friday the module is over at 11:30 AM and I am taking my rental car across the state of Missouri to Saint Louis for one night to visit my cousins.

It will be a nice break and yet a great learning experience for me.

No comments:

Health in Amazon

Adsense