Custom Search

Sunday, May 6, 2007

A Giant Fish Story

After church today I ate lunch with a couple of guys who had been in my youth group. One of them, Jeff Fawver (remember that name) has landed a TV show with a local TV station. Being an avid fisherman, Jeff and his buddy will be doing a show about, you guessed it, fishing. The show goes into production this summer. They will be doing 13 shows. (They are looking for sponsors) I will let you know more as soon as I am able. Jeff, I know you read this blog. I don't know if you have a title or not for the show. It would be great if you could comment here and let us all know.

Anyway, he was telling fish (get it) stories at lunch and mentioned this whopper, literally, of a story about a giant catfish. Click here to see the entire story. F.Y.I. I can't say that I endorse everything in the article.

Here is a snapshot:

The monster fish announced itself with four resounding whacks of its tail, thrashing against the net that had trapped it in the pale brown water of the Mekong River.

It was a fish called the giant catfish and it was the size of a grizzly bear, taking five boatmen an hour to pull it in and 10 men to lift it when they reached the shore in this remote village in northern Thailand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABRBISg1D08


There is the youtube link to the fish that I was talking about...I am havin trouble getting these to post...not sure why. The name of our show is "Good Dam Fish'N" We are fishing mostly areas that are dams or lakes that are created by dams...yeah I know...its corny!

Health in Amazon

Adsense