Custom Search

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Misc. Stuff from Beeson

I got to hear a bunch of successful pastors and teachers the past two days. Adam Hamilton, Dr. Lieth Anderson, Dr. Jim Jackson, and Miles Mcpherson all did teaching on Healthy, Winning Staff Teams. Here are just a few tidbits from Wednesday and Thursday:

  • You can never hire enougth staff to carry on the ministry.
  • The board should set the rules of the game and boundries of the playing field.
  • The purpose of an organization is to "free" and not to "bind".
  • "Don't waste your shot on those who fight for sixpence a day. Save your shot for the epaulet men."
  • There is no spiritual gift called "sitting in church".

3 comments:

Jason Curlee said...

great tidbits...I like that last one. Kind of wish I had that one for my "An Angry Moment" post

Joel Snyder said...

Thanks Jason. I have read that post and others. Everyone should take a peek.

Anonymous said...

I realize this is an old post, but I'm wondering about a couple things ...

1. Who said the last statement (re: spiritual gift of 'sitting in church'). Love it.

2. Also, did Asbury discontinue the BIACL? I couldn't find any current info online?

Thanks!

Health in Amazon

Adsense